This week on Kids Cook Live we are making a no-bake strawberry cake! This one really easy and the kids learn how to make homemade whipped cream.
Also during this class, I will have a special guest Pip Vogel! Pip is a kid baker, her mother and I have been friends since 2008. Pip was the flower girl at my wedding, and I’ve watched her grow into a beautiful young lady and she’s now pursuing her baking dreams!
Cook with Pip and I this Friday, June 19th at 12 noon on Instagram live!
This fluff cake is as I’m sure you can guess – fluffy! Like super-duper fluffy! So much in fact you’ll find yourself eating a lot of it because it doesn’t weigh you down! And feel free to get creative, add in additional fruit or swap out the strawberries for something completely different!
Kitchen Tools: For this recipe, you’ll need the following tools: one large bowl, hand mixer, spatula, cutting board and knife and an 8″x8″ baking dish (or something close to that size).
Strawberry Fluff Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1hr to chill
- Total Time: 29 minute
- Yield: 8 1x
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 box Nilla wafers
- In a large bowl combine the cold heavy cream and powdered sugar. With an electric mixer beat until medium peaks begin to form. Set to the side.
- Cut strawberries into thin slices.
- Layer the cake.
- Start with a small amount of whipped cream in the bottom of your dish. Next, add a layer of Nilla wafers, then strawberries and more whipped cream. Repeat until you fill the dish.
- Refrigerate at least one hour. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator unto 4 days. Note – the wafers will soften but it still takes great a few days later!
Keywords: Strawberry Nilla Wafer Fluff Cake
Leave a Reply