Sometimes you just need a big salad. It’s like my body was craving some greens. But if you know me you know I’m not a huge fan of salads. The caveat, however, is whether or not the salad has toppings.
With the right amount of toppings, I can get really excited about salad. Case in point with this salad – it has steak, walnuts, pears, feta, grapes and yummy dressing… I ate every bite and loved it all!
Check out the recipe below, this comes together really quickly and will leave you feeling happy because you ate healthy but satisfied because you didn’t sacrifice any flavor.
Steak and Pear Salad with Feta and Champagne Grapes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 salads 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Easy
- 1 pound shaved steak (I buy pre-shredded from Trader Joe’s or Kroger)
- lettuce of your choice. I did a mix of romaine and spinach.
- 1 ripe pear – sliced
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup feta – crumbled
- champagne grapes – sub with seedless red grapes or craisins
- Place lettuce in 4 individual bowls.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Grill (or pan sear) to your desired doneness, I like to leave a little pink.
- * Dressing – I have a semi-homemade trick. I take my favorite oil and vinegar store-bought dressing and whisk in a little dijon mustard. I find it to be the perfect creamy vinaigrette. But really any type of vinaigrette would work well on this salad.
- Assemble the salad. Place the steak on top of the lettuce, add the sliced pears. Sprinkle on the walnuts (you can toast them if you prefer) and the grapes. Finish with your semi-homemade dressing.
- Serve immediately while the steak is warm.
Keywords: Steak and Pear Salad with Feta and Champagne Grapes
Leave a Reply