I’m all about salads that are covered in toppings and this one fits the bill! The little pop you get from the pomegranate seeds adds a lovely brightness to the dish.
I also like this salad because it’s quick enough for a weeknight meal. Grilling a steak is so much faster than cooking a thick chicken breast and steak is a nice switch up from the basic salads.
- 12–14 oz flank steak
- olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning – my favorite is Reload
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 c walnuts – toasted OR pecans
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple – sliced thin
Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Italian or Greek vinaigrette dressing. I love Zoe’s Kitchen Greek Dressing!
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- In a cast-iron skillet heat olive oil over high heat. Season steak, on both sides, with your favorite seasoning blend. Sear steak on both sides and cook you your desired doneness. When the steak is just about finished, add the butter and spoon over the top of the steak. Or cook on your outdoor grill.
- Remove steak from the skillet and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Then slice against the grain into thin strips.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl combine the vinaigrette and mustard and whisk until well combined.
- Assemble the salad starting with the lettuce and pile on the toppings! Serve immediately.
Keywords: steak, salad, mustard, vinaigrette, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, healthy