I’ve come to realize tacos are my go-to dinner when I don’t know what else to make. I keep all sizes of tortillas in my fridge and freezer, they are so versatile and can be used in many ways.
These chicken street tacos are really easy , full of flavor and use readily available ingredients that are easy to find.
Oh! And the bonus is this dinner only requires a skillet and a cutting board, so clean up is a breeze!
Quick Chicken Street Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 6 chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt/pepper to your taste
- 1 ripe tomato – chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion – diced small
- 1 block Mexican cotija cheese – crumbled
- 2 avocados
- 6 flour tortillas – street taco size
- Prep and cook chicken – Sprinkle chicken tenders with paprika, cumin, garlic powder salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat add a drizzle of olive oil and cook chicken tenders until cooked through. Once cooked thoroughly shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Prep Toppings – While the chicken is cooking chop the tomato and red onion. Crumble the cheese between your fingers until it breaks apart. (only break off what you will need)
- Make the smashed avocado – open avocado, discard pit and scoop out the green part and place on your cutting board. With a fork, mash the avocado then sprinkle on a pinch of salt and the juice from half the lime. Mix to combine. Taste and see if you need more lime or salt.
- Warm the taco shells – you can use a dry hot skillet to toast up the shells or place the shells between layers of damp paper towels and place them in the microwave for about 25 seconds. The paper towels help the shells steam instead of drying out.
- Assemble – Spread the guac on the warm shell, add the shredded chicken, then the toppings, tomatoes, onion and cheese. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze on top! Don’t skip the lime, it’s really good!
Keywords: Mexican Chicken Street Tacos with quick guacamole
Leave a Reply