Ice cold, refreshing, summer is calling my name drink is how you could describe a Moscow Mule. There was a time I had zero interest in ever trying this drink, however, once I did (I’m sure you can see where this is going) I bought the mugs and we’re now making it at home for all our parties.
There are some things to note if you’re going to make this drink.
1. The lime juice must be fresh, do not try to use that squeeze bottle stuff. There’s nothing wrong with the product but it’s not right for this use. I have this hand juicer I think works the best for getting every last drop out of limes (and lemons too).
2. You don’t have to use the copper mugs but if you happen to find them on sale or have a Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon, I think it’s worth buying a couple. Copper get’s so cold, in turn, keep your drink nice and chilly.
3. Juice more limes that you think you’ll need…this drink is like a juice box for adults.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1-ounce fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces ginger beer – I highly recommend Reeds, it really is extra ginger-y.
- Lime wedge for the garnish
- Pour the vodka and lime juice into a copper mug (or short glass) filled with ice
- Top off with the ginger beer
- Stir then garnish with a lime wedge
- Serve with a cocktail napkin, copper mugs do sweat.
Keywords: Moscow Mule, Ginger Beer