If you’ve been following my blog for any time you know I’m a huge fan of holiday Chex Mix, and not just the Christmas holiday. I make Chex Mix for Halloween, 4th of July, you name it and I’ll make it seasonally appropriate!
I think it’s the combination of salty and sweet, I’m all about the best of both worlds all in one bite. Typically I will use either white chocolate or milk chocolate as the coating but this time I used a little of both and poured it over the dry ingredients and I love it! But then what’s not to love…chocolate on top of chocolate. LOL!
This mix is great to fill a bowl on your counter for guests but it’s also a nice little snack for the kiddos. Fill little cups, place in a sandwich baggie and wrap with a ribbon. You could even take these to a cookie swap if you were low on time but still wanted a homemade treat! 😉
Festive Christmas Chex Mix
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8–10 1x
1 box of Peanut Butter Chex Cereal
1 + 1/2 cups salted pretzels
1/2 cup pecans – chopped (feel free to swap for your favorite nut or omit altogether)
1 cup mini M&M’s
1/3 cup crushed candy cane
1/2 box melting chocolate (at Target)
1/2 box white melting chocolate (at Target)
1. Combine all the dry ingredients (Chex, pretzels, pecans, M&M’s and crushed candy cane) into a large bowl and toss lightly to combine.
2. Melt chocolate according to package.
3. Pour half the chocolate over dry mix, stir gently to coat the ingredients then add the remaining melted chocolate. Continuing mixing gently, coating everything.
4. Turn mixture out onto parchment paper and spread out, let harden, about 10 or 15 minutes.
5. Break up into smaller pieces, serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply