While I completely understand the desire to use the store-bought graham cracker crust (I’m no stranger to it) I’m willing to bet after you whip up this easy 4 ingredient crust you’ll never go back. And you can use this pie crust for any of your favorite no-bake and baked pies!
If we’re talking desserts there’s nothing better than a crumbly, buttery sweet graham cracker crust to hold your cheesecake or pie! Now, for the sake of this recipe, the measurements are for 9” round 3” deep springform pan. When it comes to crust, more is better in my opinion. So I made a deep-dish pie, so to speak, more crust and more filling – YEAH!
Click here for my key lime pie recipe that fills up this crust just perfectly.
Ingredients – melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and graham crackers.
Breaking up the brown sugar lumps ensures everything mixes evenly.
After you combine all the ingredients, take a small amount of the mixture and squeeze it in your hand. If it stays together, you’re good to go, if not add a little more melted butter.
Press mixture into the bottom and 3/4 of the way up the side of the pan.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs or 18 whole graham crackers
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter* melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
*Note – use real butter. Using a butter substitute could result in your crust falling apart. Real butter congeals when it’s chilled and will hold together the cracker crumbs.
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Finely crush graham crackers in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and roll/smash with a rolling pin.
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Use a fork to break up any lumps of brown sugar. Add melted butter and continue to stir with a fork until well combined. Test mixture. Press a small amount in your hand, if it holds together you’re good to go, if dry and doesn’t stick add a little more melted butter.
- Press about 1 cup of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Using your hands scoop out more mixture from the bowl and press onto the sides of the pan. Only go about 3/4 of the way up the side. Press firmly to compress. Be sure to press plenty of crumbs into the crevasse, where the bottom meets the side. You don’t want any filling leaking out the sides!
- To make a baked crust: Preheat oven to 350°. Bake crust for 5-8 minutes. Place in the refrigerator to chill completely before filling. If you are making my Key Lime Pie, pour filling into chilled crust and bake another 8 minutes.