- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons Lotus Essence all-purpose seasoning
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt/pepper (+/- to your taste)
- canola oil for deep frying (about 24 oz or enough to shallow fry)
- 6 brioche buns for serving
- Toppings of your choice: I used lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and homemade ranch (Hiden Valley Ranch Packet)
- In a large resealable bag combine the buttermilk and Lotus seasoning, stir well. Note: I place the bag in a large cup and fold the sides down over the edge of the cup, this helps avoid the bag tipping over and spilling.
- Add the chicken thighs and mush around so the marinade is covering all the chicken. Zip up the bag a refrigerate 3 -4 hours.
When you are ready to deep fry
- In a deep heavy bottom pot (like a dutch oven) bring the oil to around 350F. Note: if you don’t have a thermometer, place the end of a wooden spoon into the oil. The oil should start to bubble, if it does, you’re ready to go!
- In a shallow bowl or plate add the flour, salt and pepper, mix to combine. Note: Be sure to add enough salt, the Lotus seasoning does not have a lot of salt added so don’t afraid to add some at this step.
- Using tongs, take the chicken from the marinade and cover in four, shake off excess.
- Carefully place floured chicken into the hot oil. Work in batches (2 at a time) so you don’t cool down the oil too much. Fry until golden brown on both sides – about 8 minutes. Taste the chicken and see if needs a pinch of salt as it comes out of the oil.
- Toast the buns and assemble the best fried chicken sandwich – ever! 😉
Take a bite and let me know! Do you agree? Isn’t it soooo good!?
Keywords: Buttermilk, Fried Chicken, brioche bun, ranch dressing