- 1 lb uncooked shrimp
- 1 pineapple – cut in half and fruit removed. Discard the core and keep the soft fruit
- 2 cups cooked rice – preferable a day old
- 1/2 sweet onion – chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 cups of your favorite vegetables (chopped broccoli, carrot, onion, bell pepper, fresh string beans, etc)
- 1/4 cup cashews – roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Start by making the sauce. Combine all ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Prep all veggies, chop and measure everything, and set to the side. Note: When making a stir fry it’s best to have everything ready to go. You’ll be cooking at high heat and to avoid burning your ingredients make sure you have everything at an arms distance.
- In a wok or large deep skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Season shrimp and cook shrimp for about 4 min. Try not to overcook as they will become tough and chewy. Then remove and set to the side.
- Add a little more oil to your skillet, increase heat to high and saute the veggies, start with the items that take a little longer, carrot, onion and broccoli. Season lightly with salt. Once veggies are soft to your liking add the rice and sauce mixture. Reduce heat to medium and quickly stir and get everything combined. Cook while stirring continuously until the rice is warmed through. Taste and if additional heat or salt is needed added in more chili garlic sauce and/or soy sauce.
- Lastly, add in the pineapple chunks, raisins and cashews. Stir to combine then fill the pineapples with the stir fry mixture.
Keywords: Shrimp Fried Rice, Thailand, Pineapple