- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts OR chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes – julienned
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning OR a combination of basil, thyme and oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounce can tomato paste
- grated parmesan cheese and fresh thyme for topping
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti noodles – cooked separately
- Crunchy Italian bread
Add water to the slow cooker and whisk in flour.
Arrange chicken in the slow cooker in a single layer, then top with tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and chicken broth. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low OR 3-4 hours on high.
Add in tomato paste to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and cook for another 15-20 minutes. At this time make the spaghetti on the stovetop. Stir well the contents of the crockpot. Place the spaghetti with the sauce and chicken on top and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Keywords: crock pot, slow cooker, chicken, olives, Italian, capers,sun-dried tomatoes