- 1 container of portobello mushrooms, diced (or swap for your favorite veggie)
- 1 clove garlic – chopped
- 3 pats of butter
- 1 bag mashed cauliflower
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bag of cauli-rice
- 1 container of Herb Boursin Cheese
- 1 lb sea scallops
- salt and pepper
- trimmed and washed asparagus
- olive oil
- lemon wedge
Start the Asparagus – Preheat oven to 425F
- place the asparagus on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. *Use a baking sheet with a lip around the edge. Drizzle asparagus with a little olive oil salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Make the Cauli-Risotto
- In a deep pot add a pat of butter and sauté the mushrooms and garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- Once tender, add the mashed cauli and water. Heat and stir until smooth.
- Warm the cauli-rice in the microwave just long enough to take the chill off. Increase the heat of the pot to med-high and add the cauli rice to the mashed cauliflower. Continuing to stir and cook about 5 min.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the Boursin cheese, remaining butter and season with additional salt and pepper to your taste.
- *If you like more garlic flavor, sprinkle in a little garlic powder.
Pan sear the Scallops
- Place scallops on a paper towel and place a second paper towel on top of the scallops.
- In a skillet heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and immediately pace in the hot oil. *Note – do not overcrowd the pan, you will cool it down and you will not get that crispy edge on the scallops.
- After the scallops have cooked for about one minute, place a pat of butter in the skillet. allow to melt around the scallops and cook for another minute. Flip the scallops and repeat the process until all the scallops are cooked.
- in a shallow bowl place in the cauli-risotto, place the scallops on top and finish with the asparagus on the side. Serve with a fresh lemon wedge. *Lemon is not pictured but I recommend it and it adds a nice pop of freshness.
Keywords: keto, cauliflower, low carb, seafood, scallops, asparagus