- 2 – 5oz containers of plain greek yogurt – whole milk
- 1 English cucumber – seeds removed and diced very small
- 1 clove of garlic – grated on a Microplane
- 1/4 red onion – diced very small
- 1 teaspoon dill – dried
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (+ to your taste buds)
- large pinch black pepper
Place the chopped cucumber in a towel and gently squeeze out any excess moisture.
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients, yogurt, cucumber, grated garlic, diced red onion, dill, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Chill for at least one hour before serving, this allows the flavors to combine and really develop.
Keywords: Greek, tzatziki, sauce, cucumber, red onion, dill, yogurt