- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (You can use chunky or smooth) or Almond Butter
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 Cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Bing Cherries (Trader Joes has my favorite) or raisins
- 1/3 Cup honey (or agave or a combo of both)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium or large bowl. I find using a spatula to stir and mix works best to get everything combined.
- If you have time, refrigerate for an hour then roll into balls. If the mixture is cold it rolls easier and with less mess on your hands. After you have rolled all the mixture into 1″ balls place back into the fridge in an airtight container. I find these stay good for 7-10 days in the fridge.
*Note – to keep all the bites the same size I use a #40 scoop which you can find here on my favorites page. You’ll find this scoop has so many uses, it’s worth it to have on hand.
Additional Add-ins: (about 1/3 Cup each)
chia seeds, chopped almonds, raisins, chopped almonds, chopped cashews, chopped prunes, dried pineapple
*NOTE – if you’re substituting an ingredient you won’t need to change the recipe, however, if you are adding more than 2 additional options you’ll want to add a little more of the ‘binder’ i.e. peanut butter and/or honey. Start with adding 2 tablespoons more of PB and a 1 tablespoon of honey.
Keywords: Peanut Butter Protein Energy Bites