- 6 chicken thighs – cut into 1” pieces
- 1 peach – cut into 1” cubes
- 2 large jalapenos – seeded and cut into 1” pieces
- 1/2 red onion – cut into 1” pieces
- 6 skewers – I used metal
- Note – I think red bell peppers would be another great addition to the skewer
- 1 c spicy peach jam or marmalade – I used this one from The Fresh Market, but I think this brand would be good too, which they have at Kroger and Walmart.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flake (+/- to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (apple cider vinegar would work too)
Preheat grill to 500F
- Make the marinade – combine all the ingredients in a small bowl (except the olive oil) and stir together. Once combined, drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Taste to see if it needs anything. It should not be overly sweet if so add a pinch more salt. It should also have a slight bite or tang from the vinegar.
- If using metal skewers begin loading up the skewers, alternating between all your ingredients. I filled up 6 skewers. If you are using wooded skewers, soak in cold water for 30 minutes before filling with the ingredients, to avoid them burning on the grill.
- Grill on high for 2 minutes each side. Then, reduce heat to medium and lightly coat with the marinade, continue cooking, turning and applying the marinade until chicken is cooked through. Because the chicken was cut into rather small pieces it will cook quickly. The total cooking time for me was right at 15 minutes.
Try to cut all the veggies and chicken roughly the same size. This helps ensure everything cooks evenly and helps avoid getting burnt veggies with undercooked chicken.
If you prefer, you could skewer and cook just the chicken together and on separate skewers cook the veggies. This will help is you have trouble getting everything to cook at the same time.