- 1 block 8oz block of Halloumi
- 4 very ripe tomatoes
- drizzle of olive oil
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut tomatoes into 1-inch pieces and place on a rimed baking sheet. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for about 10 min. Or until the tomatoes are soft and tender and some might be starting to brown.
- Heat your grill pan or outdoor grill over medium heat. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Slice cheese (on the short side) into 1/4 inch slices and place on the preheated grill. Cook both sides until you see grill marks.
- Place roasted tomatoes in a bowl, sprinkle with basil and serve with the warm cheese. I like to use the cheese as the cracker but you could also eat the cheese and tomatoes on an actual cracker too.
Keywords: Appetizer Grilled Halloumi with Roasted Tomatoes