- 20 mushrooms caps – baby portabella or whole white
- spicy andouille sausage – cut into small pieces about 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley – chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- olive oil
- 40 toothpicks
- Remove the stem from the mushrooms and wipe caps wtih a damp paper towel.
- In a deep skillet, over medium heat add a drizzle of olive oil and heat the sausage through. Once cooked remove and sit to the side.
- Assemble the mushrooms. Place once piece of sausage into each mushroom cap then sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add a big drizzle of olive oil. When hot, place in the prepared mushrooms and drizzle olive oil over the mushroom and sprinkle on, generously, the garlic salt. Cover and cook about 5 minutes. You’ll know they are ready when you press on the side of the mushrooms and they are soft.
- To serve, place two toothpics on either side of the mushroom cap. To eat, using both hands, hold each of the toothpicks and bring to your mouth! Eat immegiatly after cooking!
- Enjoy and let me know what you think of the “world’s best mushrooms’ from Madrid, Spain!
Keywords: spanish, Spain, mushrooms, andouille sausage, spicy, garlic, parsley, tapas