- 1 can garbanzo beans – rinced, skin removed and dried well
- olive oil
- Reload Seasoning – Balistic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme – rough chop
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Remove skins from the chickpeas: Fill a large bowl full of cold tap water. Pour in the beans, then using both hand rub the beans between your palms and you’ll see the skins start to come off. Pour off the water and the skins will float out. Repeat the process until there are very few skins floating in the water. Note: you can leave the skins on however, your beans may not get as crispy.
- Dry beans very well. Place on a clean dish towel and gently shake. The longer you can allow them to dry the better they will crisp up!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place dried beans on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle on a little olive oil and season with the Balistic seasoning, toss to coat.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring at least once after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in a bowl. While hot, sprinkle in the fresh thyme, salt, lemon juice and more Balsitic seasoning. Add a litte drizzle of good olive oil, and toss to coat. Taste and season to your liking if you think it needs additional.
- Enjoy warm or keep in an air tight container in the fridge for 3 days.