- 3–4 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes – washed with skin on, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons – White wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayo or Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup grainy mustard
- 1 medium shallot – diced very small
- 5 hard-boiled eggs – chopped
- 4 stalks of celery – chopped small
- salt/pepper – to your taste
- 1 hard-boiled egg for garnish
- Boil potatoes – in a deep pot filled with cold water add the potato halves then bring to a soft boil. Continue to cook until potatoes are fork-tender. Your fork should easily slide in and out of the potato. Drain and place on a cutting board and cut into bite-sized pieces. Then place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the vinegar onto the warm potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper then toss gently to combine. And in the chopped shallot and celery.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo and the mustard. Stir well then pour on the potatoes, add in the chopped hard-boiled eggs and stir well until everything is coated. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed. If you like your potato salad with more mayo, feel to add as much as you would like.
- Pour the potato salad into a serving bowl, sprinkle with paprika, and the remaining sliced egg as a garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving. This potato salad can be made a day in advance just keep it in an airtight container.
Keywords: Classic Potato Salad with Egg