- 2 semi ripe pears
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
Preheat oven to 225F
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a small bowl. (You can add more or less based on your taste buds what you like).
- Using a mandolin, slice the pears on the thinnest setting. This is my go to mandolin, one of my Top 3 kitchen gadgets I couldn’t survive without.
- Use parchment paper on a cookie sheet (or spray non-stick spray on the cookie sheet) and place slices of pear, sprinkle tops with the sugar mixture.
- Bake at 225 for 30-40 min, edges should start to curl a little. Flip to the other side and sprinkle on a little more sugar mixture. Bake for another 30-40 minutes. Edges should be curled up, remove from oven and let cool. They will crisp up as the cool.
I found I could not have my oven any higher than 225F or the slices would burn before they dried out.
Keywords: Cinnamon, Sugar, Ginger Pear chips