- 2 containers white mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 lb Wamplers Chorizo
- 1 red bell pepper – diced
- 1 onion – diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 350F
- In a deep skillet, sauté bell pepper and onion. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Once tender add Chorizo, cook, and brown until cooked thru.
- Remove from heat, add cream cheese and stir until melted and well combined.
- Use a small spoon and fill each mushroom cap. Place in a baking dish.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Generously sprinkle over stuffed mushrooms.
- Drizzle a fair amount of olive oil over each mushroom. Place in oven and cook about 12-15 min or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Note – Filling can be made up to 3 days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: appetizer, chorizo, easy appetizer, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers