- 4 ripe avocados
- 1+ 1/2 cups shredded chicken (I buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it, saves on time)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes – diced (Rotel adds great flavor)
- 1/4 cup green chilies – diced
- Optional Seasonings – 1/8 Tsp of paprika, cumin, garlic powder and/or a pinch of cayenne pepper if you want a little heat
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese – shredded for topping
- 1/4 cup cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 TBL jalapeño – diced, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
• Slice avocado in half lengthwise, remove pit and discard
• Scoop out a small amount of avocado meat and place in a bowl. This makes room for the chicken mixture.
• In the same bowl add in the remaining ingredients, chicken, tomatoes, seasonings, green chilies, 1/2 C shredded cheese, cream cheese and optional jalapeño. Mix well.
• Spoon a heaping amount of chicken mixture into the avocado. Repeat for all 8 halves. Note – once stuffed I place the avocados in a muffin tin. This keeps the avocados sitting up straight.
• Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake 10-12 min or until cheese is melted.
If you don’t have a muffin tin place avocados on a baking sheets or oven safe baking dish. just make sure the avocados stay up right while baking