- 1 can of Bush’s Black Beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of one lime
- 1 can Ro-tel – with juice
- 1 package of Wampler’s chorizo
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Optional toppings: sour cream and/or guacamole
- Tortilla chips for serving
Preheat oven to 350F
- In a blender or food processor combine the black beans, Ro-tel, garlic, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, Ro-tel and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until all the large chunks are gone and everything is combined. Set to the side.
- In a deep ovenproof skillet, brown the chorizo until cooked through. Then place in a bowl off to the side.
- Pour the black bean mixture into the same skillet, then sprinkle on the chorizo and top with the shredded cheese. Place in the oven about 10 minutes or until the beans are heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Finished by adding the tomatoes, onion and anything else you’d like!
Keywords: Bush's Black Bean and Wampler's Chorizo Dip