- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 2 shallots (pick the bigger ones) – diced
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme – leaves removed from stems
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dry white wine – I used Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a large, deep frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown chicken until golden and crispy but not cooked completely. Remove and reserve on a plate.
- To the same pan add chopped shallots, garlic and thyme leaves and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes or until the shallot is translucent.
- Add wine, dijon mustard and chicken stock, whisk to combine and bring to a boil, then add the chicken back to the pan, spoon the sauce all over chicken pieces.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165F.
- Serve with pasta, rice, potatoes or fresh vegetable of your choice.
Keywords: chicken, dinner, shallot, mustard, white wine