- 10–15 vine ripe tomatos – cut in half
- 1 jar roasted red peppers – drained of oil
- 1 sweet onion – cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place halved tomato’s and wedges of onion on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle over olive oil, salt and pepper and toss together to coat. Roast in the over until tomatoes and onion are really soft and browning slightly, about 15 – 20 min.
- In a large deep pot add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot add garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant, about three minutes. Into the same pot, pour all the roasted tomatoes, onions and any juices. Add roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, basil and simmer 10-15 minutes. Taste and add salt/pepper to your liking.
- Once everything has simmered together remove the basil and remove the pot from heat. Use an emulsion blender to purée the soup. If you do not have an emulsion blender you can use a blender or food processor. Use caution as hot liquid will expand and could splatter in a blender.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Line the baking sheet with aluminium foil for quick cleanup later.
Use two baking sheets if necessary, try not to overcrowd the sheet.
Keywords: Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Pasta Sauce