- 1/2 cup plain almonds
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 3/4 cup black beans – rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (sub almond butter)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup agave or honey +/- to your taste
- In a food processor pulse the almonds and cashews into tiny pieces. Then pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add the peanut butter and black beans to the food processor and blend until smooth, add to the chopped nut mixture.
- Add in the agave and chocolate chips and mix well until everything is combined. The mix should be wet enough to hold the ball shape but not so sticky it sticks to your hands when you roll a ball.
- Using a 1″ scoop or tablespoon scoop mix and roll into ball shapes them roll in the chopped coconut flakes. You can eat them at this point but I really enjoy them cold, so refrigerate for about an hours.
- Keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container and consume within 10 days.
Keywords: no-bake, protein bites, black beans, healthy snack, peanut butter, almonds, cashews