- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 sweet onion – diced
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (+/- to your liking)
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoon chilli powder (+/- to your liking)
- 1 can of Rotel w/ juices – I like to use the hot version
- 3/4 cup water or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional – pinch of red chilli flake or a few dashes of hot sauce (not mentioned in the original recipe but I like my chilli a little spicy!)
- In a deep skillet or pot, saute the meat, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat and cook until mostly cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano, Rotel, hot sauce, and stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer partially covered for at least 1 hour or until most of the liquid has cooked down. Skim off fat while cooking. Salt to taste.
Keywords: Chili, Texas Chili