- 10–12 chicken wings
- 1 mango – diced very small
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 jalapeno – diced very small (seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic – grated on a Microplane
- 1 tablespoon agave (or honey)
- 1-inch pieces fresh ginger – grated on a Microplane
- sesame seeds (black or white) for garnish
- ranch dressing for dipping
- peanut or canola oil for deep frying – optional
- In a saucepan combine the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili sauce, jalapeno, agave, ginger, and garlic bring to a low simmer and stir for about 5 minutes. Add in the mango and cook for another few minutes or until the sauce has thickened a bit. Remove from heat and save for later.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Using paper towels, thoroughly pat dry the wings. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Arrange the wings on the rack so they are not touching. Bake about 40 minutes flipping halfway through. Internal temp should be 165F.
- Once cooked, add to the prepared sauce and toss to coat. Top with sesame seeds.
- In a deep heavy skillet (or dutch oven) add about 4-5 inches of oil and heat to 350F. NOTE – If you do not have a thermometer use a wooden spoon. Place the handle end of the spoon in the oil until it touches the bottom. If the oil immediately boils around the spoon the oil is ready to fry.
- Lay the wings on a couple of layers of paper towels and pat dry the wings. Be careful – if the wings are wet and you place them in the hot oil it will splatter everywhere, dry them REALLY well.
- Carefully place about 5 wings in the hot oil and fry for 10-12 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165F. Remove from the oil and place in the prepared sauce, toss to coat. Repeat the process for the remaining wings.
- Plate and top with sesame seeds.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Toss wings with olive oil.
Place wings in the air fryer in a single layer and bake 20-22 minutes until skin is crisp, flipping the wings after 10 minutes. Note: if your wings are frozen, place them directly in the air fryer and add an additional 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Remove wings from air fryer and toss with prepared sauce. Top with sesame seeds.
Keywords: chicken, wings, mango, jalapeno, appetizer, dinner, finger food