- 4 cups chicken – cooked and shredded – I used the pre-cooked, plain chicken from Trader Joe’s but a rotisserie chicken from your favorite grocery store is perfect as well.
- 1 packet jicama wraps
- 1 jar of salsa verde – I used Trader Joe’s brand
- 2 cans enchilada sauce – I used green but if you prefer red, go for that!
- 4 cups shredded cheese – I used the Mexican Blend from a bag
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato – chopped
Preheat oven to 350F
- Place shredded chicken into a large mixing bowl. Add in the jar of salsa verde, 2 cups of shredded cheese, rinsed beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir gently to combine.
- Coat a large baking dish with non-stick spray. Spoon about 1/2 cups of enchilada sauce into the bottom of the dish. Swirl around to coat the bottom of the dish.
- Assemble the enchiladas. Take one jicama wrap and fill with the chicken mixture, about 3 tablespoons then roll up the wrap. Place the enchilada, seam side down, into the prepared baking dish. Repeat until you run out of the chicken mixture.
- Pour enchilada sauce over all the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly!
- Serve while hot! Optional toppings to add salsa, sour cream, avocado, or jalapeno!
Keywords: Jicama Chicken Enchiladas