- 4 thin pork chops, boneless
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sthick sliced
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Flatten the chops with a meat mallet so that the cutlets are extremely thin.
- Season your cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat a skillet with the butter, add the sliced onion, season with salt and pepper and sautee until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms into your skillet and cook until the mushrooms are soft, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the grated garlic and stir.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine over high heat. Stir and cook for a minute then reduce heat to medium. Next, add in the tomato sauce and parsley.
- Pour in your cream and stir well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Place the cutlets in the skillet and cover with the mushroom gravy. After 5 minutes flip cutlets in the pan and cook another 5 minutes. This should only take about 10 minutes unless your cutlets are thicker. In which case, cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes, pasta, or rice.
Keywords: German, Jägerschnitzel, pork, dinner, mushroom gravy, onion