- 20 jumbo shrimp – raw and peeled
- 2 ears of corn – shucked and each cut into 4 pieces
- 8 baby red potatoes – washed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 – 14oz package of andouille sausage cut into round slices – I used Ragin Cajun brand with medium spice
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning – divided for all 4 packets
- Juice from 1 large lemon – divided for all 4 packets
- 8 pats of butter
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 4 lemon slices – used for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley – finely chopped
Preheat grill over medium/high heat to 400 degrees F.
Place cut potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and cover with just enough water to cover the potatoes. Microwave potatoes in 2 minute intervals until slightly soften, about 6 minutes total.
While the potatoes are cooking, cut four sheets of foil, about 15 inches long. Divide sausage, corn and potatoes into 4 equal portions and place in the center of each foil packet. When potatoes have soften drain water and divide among the foil packets. *Tip – precooking the potatoes will ensure everything cooks evenly on the grill.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the contents of each packet, mix gently until everything is covered. Sprinkle on Old Bay, salt and pepper and toss to coat everything in the seasonings.
In a separate bowl sprinkle about 1/2 a tablespoon of Old Bay onto raw shrimp and stir to combine, then place shrimp on top of the other ingredients in the packet. *Tip – Shrimp cook really fast, try to keep them off the bottom of the packet.
Squeeze lemon juice and place 2 pats of butter in each packet.
Tightly fold up the center and all the sides of the packets. *Tip – I like to fold up the ends of the foil to make little handles to hold onto, makes it easier to remove from the hot grill (see image above).
Place foil packets on the pre-heated grill over indirect heat and cook until corn and shrimp are fully cooked, about 15 minutes
Served immediately, with lemon wedges and garnish with fresh parsley
- Mix it up by adding some zucchini, yellow squash and/or green beans.
- No outdoor grill? No problem. These cook up just as well in the oven.
- Not a fan of shrimp? Swap it out for lobster or scallops.
Keywords: Easy Shrimp Boil Foil Packets