- 1 large Meyer lemon, cut into 8 pieces (do not substitute with a regular lemon)
- 1 + 1/2 cups superfine sugar – if you don’t have fine sugar you can pulse a few times in a food processor or blender
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 tart shell, your favorite (homemade or store-bought)
Heat oven to 350° F.
- Put all ingredients (except tart shell) into a blender and mix until everything is well combined, smooth and lump-free.
- Pour into pre-baked tart shell. Bake for 40 minutes or until set, keep a close watch on it so it doesn’t burn.
Tart Pan – I highly recommend a non-stick, removable bottom tart pan. I used an 11” pan and the filling was the perfect amount.
Tart Shell/Crust – I used a store-bought pie crust which works just as well as making your own because sometimes we just don’t have time for the extra steps. I will say thou, don’t roll out the pie crust too thin. the crust can shrink when you bake it and if it’s thin you’ll end up with cracks in the crust and all that yummy filling will leak out. So just keep the crust nice and thick.
Keywords: Easy Lemon Meyer Tart