- 1 cup old fashioned oats – I like quick oats b/c they are smaller
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (almond butter would work fine too)
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon espresso, finely ground (instant coffee could work too, but look for a dark roast and maybe add a 1/2 tablespoon more)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add in the peanut butter and honey and stir until everything is well combined and all the dry ingredients stick together. I use a hard silicone spatula to really mash and mush the ingredients together.
- If you have a small scoop use it to measure out the portions and roll into balls. Using a scoop helps keep all the bites the same size. If you don’t have a scoop just use a spoon. Linked here is the #40 scoop I use for all my protein bites.
- Feel free to mix up, add in and swap out ingredients of your choice. I feel like some chopped walnuts would be really good in this mix as well.
- If the mixture is too sticky, add a few more oats.