- 1 cup Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter – melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 +1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans plus whole pecan to decorate the top
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust – I like Marie Callender’s
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place a baking sheet in the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla, stir to mix well. Then stir in the chopped pecans and pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Using the whole pecan halves make a design on the top of the pie. Optional, but I like the extra flare.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake on the center rack of the oven for about 60 minutes. Cool for at least 2 hours on a wire rack before serving.
Note: The pie is done when the center reaches 200°F. If the pie crust is over-browning, cover edges with foil.
Keywords: Pecan Pie, Thanksgiving, Classic, easy dessert