- 15 – 20 shishito peppers
(you can make this recipe with any amount of peppers you happen to have)
- a big drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to your taste
- lemon wedges – optional
Preheat oven to 425F
- Rinse and dry the peppers.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Place whole peppers on the baking sheet drizzle on the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the peppers.
- Roast in the oven until peppers are blistered and turning brown, about 10-15 min. Flip halfway through.
- To finish, garnish with a squeeze with a little lemon juice. Pick up by the stem and eat! Just bite by the stem and the meat will pull right off. These are best enjoyed right out of the oven while hot – they cool down quickly.
NOTE: You can also toss peppers in the olive oil, salt, and pepper and heat over high heat in a cast-iron skillet until blistered.