- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups farro
- 5 or 6 teaspoons balsamic vinegar – plus more to taste
- ½ cup asparagus – chopped
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes- halved
- ½ cup torn fresh mint leaves, sweet basil is a great substitution
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella – I use the Belgioioso Mozzarella Pearl Cheese
- ½ cup olive oil – divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add the farro. Lightly boil until tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Drain the farro. In the same pot, over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and sauté chopped asparagus (add a pinch of salt), about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir just until warm. Add back to the pot the cooked farro, stir in the vinegar and ½ teaspoon fine sea salt until well combined.
3. Add in the mozzarella, mint, and a drizzle olive oil. Season with fresh black pepper. Taste, and add more salt and/or vinegar if needed, and a squeeze of lemon if you’re feeling a little extra. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: Asparagus and Mozzarella Farro