- 2 large limes – freshly squeezed (do not substitute the squeeze bottle)
- 2 tablespoon gochujang
- 2 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 clove of garlic – grated on a Microplane
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 package shaved beef
- 1 package of mixed greens
- 1-inch piece of ginger – cleaned and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 package of dried ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet)
- 1 fresh mango – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro – chopped
- sesame seeds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 1/4 roasted peanuts – rough chop
- Scallions – chopped for garnish
- Start by preparing the dressing. Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, into a bowl. Whisk the ingredients together, once combined keep whisking and slowly add in the oil. Whisk vigorously so the dressing becomes emulsified and thick.
- Make the salad. In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients except the steak and ramen. Toss to combine.
- Cook the steak and ramen. In a small pot cook the ramen until al dente, drain and reserve to the side. Note: try to avoid overcooking the ramen or you’ll end up with mush. In a deep skillet cook the shaved steak, season with a little salt and pepper. The steak cooks extremely fast, this will only take about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the salad. Add the ramen and the hot steak to the lettuce bowl. Pour the dressing over everything and toss to combine.
- Top with sesame seeds, serve immediately and enjoy!
- If your limes are small or not producing much juice, use a third. The lime juice plays a huge part in really bringing out the flavors of the dressing. So, if in doubt, add a little more!
Keywords: Asian, Steak Salad, Mango, Ramen, tomatoes, Korean, gochujang