- 1 small to medium sized zucchini – cut into 4 halves (see first photo)
- 3 cooked bacon slices – crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated cheese – your choice, I used sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup olive oil – divided among all 4 pieces of zucchini
- Paprika – to your taste
- Garlic Powder – to your taste
- Salt and Pepper – to your taste
- Sour cream – 1 teaspoon per half
- 4 cherry tomatoes – diced
Preheat the oven to 350
- Wash the zucchini and trim off both ends. Cut zucchini in half crosswise then in half again longways. See first photo for illustration.
- Using a spoon gently scoop out the center of each boat. Leaving some of the ‘meat’ still on the skin.
- Drizzle olive oil over all 4 boats. I use a little brush to coat both sides.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder on the inside of the boat. Place on a foil lined, rimmed baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add on your cheese and bacon. Place back in the oven for another 5-8 minutes.
- Removed finished zucchini boats from the oven, add sour cream and tomatoes.
Serve and enjoy!